
Camus ant'allan bay Arisaig Jan 09Hi welcome to my blog. Not quite sure how this all works but it seems like a good idea. I leave for New Zealand on Monday 2nd arriving in Auckland on 4th. Flying with Emirates via Dubai. The purpose of the trip is to follow the journey of Constance Astley in 1896/7.
After her trip she built the house 'Faire na Scuir' in Arisag which we bought for a song 38 years ago. It leaked like a seive, had mushrooms on the bedroom wall, open drains and hay boxes in the yard. We knew nothing then of its history , of Connie, and its connection with Wm Morris and the Arts & Crafts movement. It still leaks but it's the most people friendly house imaginable. A true testament to the Arts & Crafts ideals.
I lived in New Zealand for 3 years in the early 60's and knew then many of the places Connie had visited with her companion Maragaret Shaen. I am planning to make a film that brings together many of these threads in a visual way rather than as a straight documentary. I plan to update the blog as and where I can get internet access and will add some photos as I go.
speak soon SU
looking forward to following your progress mum and i too have no idea how this works but hopefully this will appear on the screen. Good luck and hope you have a truely amazing time
ReplyDeletekate xx
Hello Su!
ReplyDeleteI miss Arisaig...
I feel I have one end of these threads.
Because I'm familiar to your "people friendly" house and I'm going to Australia(sorry, not New Zealand) this month.
Where will this thread take me?
I'll follow your blog.
Good luck!
Hi Su,
ReplyDeleteKnowing Arisaig housemakes this a must. I'm going to Australia, not NZ, but will enjoy following you y word and pics.
Diane
Hi Sue,
ReplyDeleteIn Transit again?
I wish you a lot of succes with your film and joy by meeting the landscape once more!
I like to follow you; thats also good to keep up my English.
Maybe you'll see some interesting sculptures of Chris Booth.
Inette
Hi mum
ReplyDeletehope you got there ok. You were very lucky not to be flying from london because the whole place came to a complete standstill. No buses tubes planes etc college clinic shut down for the day complete mayhem. Dad tells me you got on your flight anyway even if he had to drive you to the taxi!!!!
Hope you are having fun
good luck
kate xxx
loving the blog mum
ReplyDeletegreat to hear that you are being looked after well and shown around the place. Sounds like fun.
kate xx